- Trousers: smart trousers are expected as the norm (chino style trousers are fine). Denim jeans, dungarees, combat and cargo trousers are considered inappropriate as are shorts (unless for PE) and leggings (unless worn under a dress). Cropped, office-style trousers are acceptable.
- Skirts & dresses: dresses and skirts should be an appropriate length (just above the knee at the shortest). Miniskirts and skorts aren’t appropriate. Strappy dresses (unless worn with a jacket or cardigan that is not removed) are not deemed appropriate school wear.
- Shirts, blouses and smart tops: shirts with collars (long or short sleeved), blouses or other smart tops are acceptable. Blouses and smart tops should cover at least shoulder width ie bra straps should not be visible. Crop-tops are not deemed appropriate. If you’re a male studying at The Clarendon Academy, you MUST wear a top with a collar.
- All clothing with unsuitable visible brand names or designs are not appropriate school wear.
- Footwear: All Sixth Formers should wear smart shoes. Trainers and canvas shoes are not acceptable. Flips-flops are not deemed appropriate. If you learn in any specific environment where open-toed shoes may not be safe, please ensure you have appropriate shoes for that environment.
- Clothing items that reveal too much cleavage, your shoulders, your back, your chest, your stomach or your underwear are not deemed appropriate for school.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) should be worn where a risk to health & safety is present.